January 14, 2009
Recently a friend sent me an e-mail with probably one of the most important videos I have ever viewed. I will call it, The Real Meaning of the Second Amendment.
Dr. Suzanna Gratia-Hupp is a former Republican member of the Texas House of Representatives (1997-2007) and a doctor of chiropractic. On October 16, 1991, Suzanna 's life changed forever. Having lunch with her parents at a cafeteria in Texas, she witnessed a shooting rampage perpetrated by a mad man driving his truck through the building. He continues the shooting rampage killing 23, wounding 20 and then committing suicide. Due to Texas law, Suzanna had left her gun in her car and when she needed it the most could not protect herself or her family.
In the video, Dr. Hupp testified to Congress defending her right to bear arms and defending the Second Amendment. The video, in the link given above, speaks for itself (click on A Right To Bear Arms).
Hupp is quoted as having said, "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."
Dr. Gratia-Hupp is co-founder of the Civil Liberties Defense Foundation, a non-profit legal foundation dedicated to providing educational information relating to the preservation of civil liberties guaranteed by the Bill of Rights to the United Constitution and to providing legal services to protect those rights. She is married to Greg Hupp, who has served as her campaign manager. They have two sons, Alexander and Ethan.
NOTE: The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights that declares "a well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
THIS IS WHO I AM
- Utah, United States
- I am a retired grandmother who lost her husband of 42 years in 2010, to cancer. I relocated from Ventura, CA to a community near Salt Lake City, Utah to be with my son, daughter-in-law and two granddaughters. I am a believer in Jesus our Lord and in the true Sabbath as our worship day. I am learning more and more about what our role is here on Earth as well as what it will be when Yahshua returns. I love crochet, watercolors, and writing. My newest passion is writing poetry. I would love to hear from others who enjoy these crafts; come visit and share your interests.
JULY 4 - Time For Tea
The American people came out on July 4 to protest high taxes and run-a-way government spending. From 11:00 till 2:00 p.m., citizens of Ventura, CA came out to show their support for less taxes and less government interference. As a spectator and one who attended the first Ventura Tea Party, I would say we doubled the turnout of patriots.
All across the country the signs, flags and banners that were carried at the tea parties showed the position that the American people are taking toward its government. They are mad and they are not going to take it anymore!
THEY GET YOU THINKING!
- Yahshua is the way
- Political Pistachio
- Robert Ringer
- Christina Colwell, Artist
- Blackstone Institute
- Affiliate Marketing Coach
- The Truth Project
- California Family Council
- Truth and Reason
- Friedman Foundation - For Educational Choice
- Young American's Foundation
- GOPUSA - Republican Party
- Deficits Do Matter
- Phyllis Schlafly - Eagle Forum
- Alliance Defense Fund
- Focus on the Family
- Heritage Foundation
- Lensmaster Blue22d
- Lou Dobbs Radio Show