ACORN is reorganizing! No matter what lipstick you put on a pig, it is still a pig!
ACORN is turning over a new leaf.
The embattled advocacy organization is shuttering offices and rebranding itself in individual states, though the new groups share similar goals to the original national organization.
In Brooklyn, ACORN is now called "New York Communities for Change," the New York Post reported Tuesday, though change didn’t reach the masthead: Many of the same board members were simply rolled over. The relaunch comes as Politico reported the group is dissolving its entire national structure after a conservative group accused the organization of voter fraud.
"New York ACORN has closed its doors in New York City… there was a desire on the part of former members and staff to chart a new course with a new, independent organization that would get back to the basics of organizing," a spokesman said.
An ACORN branch in California announced a similar makeover.
A separate statement put out by spokesman Scott Levenson blamed ACORN's troubles on "a series of vicious right-wing attacks over the past year and a half, and this has made it harder for ACORN to raise funds and organize and serve its members."
Continue article ACORN
THIS IS WHO I AM
- Utah, United States
- I am a retired grandmother who lost her husband of 42 years in 2010, to cancer. I relocated from Ventura, CA to a community near Salt Lake City, Utah to be with my son, daughter-in-law and two granddaughters. I am a believer in Jesus our Lord and in the true Sabbath as our worship day. I am learning more and more about what our role is here on Earth as well as what it will be when Yahshua returns. I love crochet, watercolors, and writing. My newest passion is writing poetry. I would love to hear from others who enjoy these crafts; come visit and share your interests.
JULY 4 - Time For Tea
The American people came out on July 4 to protest high taxes and run-a-way government spending. From 11:00 till 2:00 p.m., citizens of Ventura, CA came out to show their support for less taxes and less government interference. As a spectator and one who attended the first Ventura Tea Party, I would say we doubled the turnout of patriots.
All across the country the signs, flags and banners that were carried at the tea parties showed the position that the American people are taking toward its government. They are mad and they are not going to take it anymore!
THEY GET YOU THINKING!
- Yahshua is the way
- Political Pistachio
- Robert Ringer
- Christina Colwell, Artist
- Blackstone Institute
- Affiliate Marketing Coach
- The Truth Project
- California Family Council
- Truth and Reason
- Friedman Foundation - For Educational Choice
- Young American's Foundation
- GOPUSA - Republican Party
- Deficits Do Matter
- Phyllis Schlafly - Eagle Forum
- Alliance Defense Fund
- Focus on the Family
- Heritage Foundation
- Lensmaster Blue22d
- Lou Dobbs Radio Show