I am in the winter of my years
Where part of me moves slower
Where time seems to speed up
As I just seem to get older.
Some mornings I fight back fears
As I realize the difficulties I face
The choices of whether to take the right or left road
While holding back tears and retaining some grace.
As the day wears on, I gain momentum
But it doesn't last very long
I keep my composure
All the while trying to sing a little song.
I am in the winter of my years
Where it is hard to move with ease
My hearing is slipping; my sight is less calculating
Never mind though, I find many things of which to cheer.
Some evenings I just sit and read
I reflect upon the days gone by
Trying to find things to laugh at
And not things that make me cry.
With the bad comes so much good
Images of my family, friends, things that "I might have done."
And some that "I should of, could of, and would of"
If all those concerned would have let me have my fun.
Back when I was young at heart
I wore daring colors, flowers in my hair and lace
I accepted rides from cute guys
Who I never would have let get to first base.
But now that I am here, in the winter of my years
I vow not to worry, to fret, or get uptight
I have way too much to do
Before the final winter becomes night.
I over spent myself last night
This morning the pain was great
I tried to move some boxes
I tried to move a crate.
Things got a little crazy yesterday
I even had on my schedule a date
The more he talked, the more we planned
The possibilities looked really great.
He said he was in the winter, the winter of his years
He didn't look a day older than me, however could he hear?
I watched him as he moved about how he favored his gait
I figured if he didn't speed up that we were going to be late.
We talked about our kids, our Xs and those who have died
We shared our fears, our fathoms and laughed until we cried
I am sure we exaggerate a bit or maybe even lied
But we are in the winter, the winter of our pride.
We compared this and that; we forgot, we remember it not
Yes, we are in the winter, the very winter of our years
How wonderful it is to have a friend who is similar in thought
He says he doesn't care, but he seems to care a lot!
It is important now I have someone during the winter of my years
Not as important what comes and goes what changes or what remains
God knows I don't have much time for many more escapades
More important I can share it all as I leave and my winter years fade.
created by Sandy Davison
© Copyright 2011 Seabreeze (UN: sandywrite at Writing.Com).
THIS IS WHO I AM
- Utah, United States
- I am a retired grandmother who lost her husband of 42 years in 2010, to cancer. I relocated from Ventura, CA to a community near Salt Lake City, Utah to be with my son, daughter-in-law and two granddaughters. I am a believer in Jesus our Lord and in the true Sabbath as our worship day. I am learning more and more about what our role is here on Earth as well as what it will be when Yahshua returns. I love crochet, watercolors, and writing. My newest passion is writing. I am trying my luck at poetry and short stories. Maybe some day I will try to write a novel. I would love to hear from others who enjoy these crafts; come visit and share your interests.
JULY 4 - Time For Tea
The American people came out on July 4 to protest high taxes and run-a-way government spending. From 11:00 till 2:00 p.m., citizens of Ventura, CA came out to show their support for less taxes and less government interference. As a spectator and one who attended the first Ventura Tea Party, I would say we doubled the turnout of patriots.
All across the country the signs, flags and banners that were carried at the tea parties showed the position that the American people are taking toward its government. They are mad and they are not going to take it anymore!
THEY GET YOU THINKING!
- Yahshua is the way
- Political Pistachio
- Robert Ringer
- Christina Colwell, Artist
- Blackstone Institute
- Affiliate Marketing Coach
- The Truth Project
- California Family Council
- Truth and Reason
- Friedman Foundation - For Educational Choice
- Young American's Foundation
- GOPUSA - Republican Party
- Deficits Do Matter
- Phyllis Schlafly - Eagle Forum
- Alliance Defense Fund
- Focus on the Family
- Heritage Foundation
- Lensmaster Blue22d
- Lou Dobbs Radio Show