August 27, 2008

IOUSA THE MOVIE


What is our true National Debt?  The clock indicates it is reaching $9 Trillion....don't believe it!  Try $53 Trillion (see the short video clip to the right of this post). The following Press release article by Steve Jordan explains about a movie circulating the country to inform all Americans of how drastic this situtation has become.

In this Disaster Flick, What's Running Red is Federal Budget

By Steve Jordan, World-Herald Staff Writer, August 20, 2008

Pete Peterson's father was a 17-year-old immigrant without a penny or word of English and only a third-grade education when he got a job washing dishes aboard a Union Pacific train in Nebraska.

Peter G. Peterson

George Petropoulos (a name he and a brother Americanized to Peterson) saved his money and eventually opened a Greek diner in Kearney. Central Cafe was open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for 25 years.

Petropoulos knew only one American song, "God Bless America." When he sang it, tears streamed down his face in gratitude for what he was able to accomplish in the United States.

The elder Peterson believed in making charitable donations, his son said, even if his children didn't have new bicycles or the family a new car. He also invested heavily in his children's education, sending young Peter to Northwestern University.

Today Peter G. Peterson, 82, says his distinguished career in the public and private sectors started with the values his father passed on, including hard work, love of country and a willingness to sacrifice to serve others.

He has committed up to $1 billion to promote a campaign that will take center stage in Omaha on Thursday: reversing the buildup of public debt, correcting the imbalance of foreign trade, improving Americans' savings practices and finding the political will to make tough decisions.

Click on IOUSA THE MOVIAE above for more information.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sandy22. the other day you asked me my opinion about I.O.U.S.A.; I had not heard of this film at the time. Since then, I have reviewed the trailer. I would like for you to visit the link:

http://patriotickle.blogspot.com/2008/05/for-years-now-i-have-been-stating-facts.html

This is an article I wrote on May 19,2008. It is also listed at my site www.patriotickle.blogspot.com under "My most Popular Articles".

I believe this ties in nicely with I.O.U.S.A. and how if this is NOT stopped, America will falter; just, as the empires of the past. It is a historical fact...and I would very much like it if you read my article.

Let me know what you think. Remember something my mother always said to us children (among many other things)..."Water rises to its own level."

In order for us to "equal" with our neighbors to our north and south...we had to be at the same level.

Sincerely,

W.B.B. JOHNSON (Patriotickle)

What's your Nook?

250x250 - NOOK Color™

THIS IS WHO I AM

My photo
Utah, United States
I am a retired grandmother who lost her husband of 42 years in 2010, to cancer. I relocated from Ventura, CA to a community near Salt Lake City, Utah to be with my son, daughter-in-law and two granddaughters. I am a believer in Jeshua our Lord and in the true Saturday Sabbath as our worship day. I am learning more and more about what our role is here on Earth as well as what it will be when Yeshua returns. I love to study our Lord, crochet, watercolors, and writing.poetry. I would love to hear from others who share my interest; come visit and share your interests with me. Let''s talk.

GET INVOLVED - WRITE CONGRESS


POLITICAL WATCH


JULY 4 - Time For Tea


The American people came out on July 4 to protest high taxes and run-a-way government spending. From 11:00 till 2:00 p.m., citizens of Ventura, CA came out to show their support for less taxes and less government interference. As a spectator and one who attended the first Ventura Tea Party, I would say we doubled the turnout of patriots.

All across the country the signs, flags and banners that were carried at the tea parties showed the position that the American people are taking toward its government. They are mad and they are not going to take it anymore!

IMG_1338