FROM: Eagle Forum - Thank you!
House to Vote on Hate Crimes bill this Wednesday!
Tell Congress to uphold equal protection for all Americans by voting NO on H.R. 1913!
April 27, 2009
The liberal House Leadership has scheduled a floor vote on H.R. 1913, the Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2009, for this Wednesday, April 29th. Sponsored by Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), H.R. 1913 will make a hate crime -- a crime in which the victim is intentionally selected based on his or her race, religion, ethnicity, gender, etc. -- a federal offense.
The bill seeks to accomplish this by mandating federal criminal prosecution for state offenses, with the possibility of life imprisonment, for crimes motivated by the "actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability of any person." H.R. 1913 will also establish homosexual and transgender persons as a protected class of victims by adding the words "sexual orientation" and "gender identity" to Title 18 of the U.S. criminal code.
Make no mistake, H.R 1913 is a dangerous and unprecedented proposal which will transform the criminal justice system and threaten religious liberty:
Violates the First Amendment by infringing upon the constitutional guarantees of religious expression and freedom of speech.
Violates the Fourteenth Amendment by deliberately compromising the principle of equal protection under the law for all Americans.
Seeks to silence and punish all opposing viewpoints.
Targets those who hold traditional beliefs on homosexuality.
Grants more government protection to certain classes of people, particularly homosexuals.
A typical tactic of the LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender) groups is to distort and exaggerate FBI statistics to their benefit. In 2007, there were 1,521 victims of "sexual orientation" bias, however, 335 of these were incidents of "intimidation," also known as shouting or name-calling. 448 of these crimes were "simple assault," defined as pushing or shoving without physical injury, with 242 of the crimes being aggravated assault, defined as bodily harm. So, in a nation with 300 million people, there were only 242 "violent" crimes committed against homosexuals, bisexuals, or drag queens in 2007.
THIS IS WHO I AM
- Utah, United States
- I am a retired grandmother who lost her husband of 42 years in 2010, to cancer. I relocated from Ventura, CA to a community near Salt Lake City, Utah to be with my son, daughter-in-law and two granddaughters. I am a believer in Jesus our Lord and in the true Sabbath as our worship day. I am learning more and more about what our role is here on Earth as well as what it will be when Yahshua returns. I love crochet, watercolors, and writing. My newest passion is writing. I am trying my luck at poetry and short stories. Maybe some day I will try to write a novel. I would love to hear from others who enjoy these crafts; come visit and share your interests.
JULY 4 - Time For Tea
The American people came out on July 4 to protest high taxes and run-a-way government spending. From 11:00 till 2:00 p.m., citizens of Ventura, CA came out to show their support for less taxes and less government interference. As a spectator and one who attended the first Ventura Tea Party, I would say we doubled the turnout of patriots.
All across the country the signs, flags and banners that were carried at the tea parties showed the position that the American people are taking toward its government. They are mad and they are not going to take it anymore!
THEY GET YOU THINKING!
- Yahshua is the way
- Political Pistachio
- Robert Ringer
- Christina Colwell, Artist
- Blackstone Institute
- Affiliate Marketing Coach
- The Truth Project
- California Family Council
- Truth and Reason
- Friedman Foundation - For Educational Choice
- Young American's Foundation
- GOPUSA - Republican Party
- Deficits Do Matter
- Phyllis Schlafly - Eagle Forum
- Alliance Defense Fund
- Focus on the Family
- Heritage Foundation
- Lensmaster Blue22d
- Lou Dobbs Radio Show