Ken Blackwell's article (at the Fox Forum) of May 26, "Obama Declares War On American's Gun Owners With Supreme Court Pick", only emphasizes where our country is headed if America doesn't react soon! Maybe it is time for some amendments to our state constitutions.
As Ken referenced, regarding a statement made by Sotomayor on states rights, "According to Judge Sotomayor, if your state or city bans all guns the way Washington, D.C. did, that’s okay under the Constitution".
That's not okay with me. It is not okay with most Americans. We have a struggle on our hands with this one. She is showing all signs of a non-Constitutionalist; most conservatives, I am sure, will agree. I believe Ken is right on target when he says, "But when it comes to gun rights, we don’t need to guess. Judge Sotomayor has put in writing what she thinks. President Obama has nominated a radically anti-Second Amendment judge to be our newest Supreme Court justice. Question is, where do we go from here?
May 28, 2009
May 27, 2009
Enough with the judges who want to make law instead of interpret law. I am not impressed with Judge Sotomayor's flippant remark when she referred to "judges making policy". How arrogant and disrespectful of the position of Appellate Court Justice! That's strike one.
Secondly, her ridiculous ruling against the white firefighters in New Haven, Connecticut, who were discriminated against because the city felt blacks were not being given equal chance for
promotion. What was the city's "mind set" prior to the test being established? Seems the city should have been called to task; not penalize the employees. Strike two!
Thirdly, her comments at the University of California, in which she, "hopes that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn’t lived that life”, was clearly racists. Strike three.
And you know what happens on strike three? You're out! Oh, but wait a minute. This is not baseball, this is the Obama Administration!
May 20, 2009
CONGRESS has voted to allow people to carry loaded guns in national parks and wildlife refuges. The House approved the measure, 279-147, on Wednesday, one day after the Senate acted (Senate 67-29).
Score one for the PEOPLE!
Score one for the PEOPLE!
THIS IS WHO I AM
- Utah, United States
- I am a retired grandmother who lost her husband of 42 years in 2010, to cancer. I relocated from Ventura, CA to a community near Salt Lake City, Utah to be with my son, daughter-in-law and two granddaughters. I am a believer in Jesus our Lord and in the true Sabbath as our worship day. I am learning more and more about what our role is here on Earth as well as what it will be when Yahshua returns. I love crochet, watercolors, and writing. My newest passion is writing. I am trying my luck at poetry and short stories. Maybe some day I will try to write a novel. I would love to hear from others who enjoy these crafts; come visit and share your interests.
JULY 4 - Time For Tea
The American people came out on July 4 to protest high taxes and run-a-way government spending. From 11:00 till 2:00 p.m., citizens of Ventura, CA came out to show their support for less taxes and less government interference. As a spectator and one who attended the first Ventura Tea Party, I would say we doubled the turnout of patriots.
All across the country the signs, flags and banners that were carried at the tea parties showed the position that the American people are taking toward its government. They are mad and they are not going to take it anymore!
THEY GET YOU THINKING!
- Yahshua is the way
- Political Pistachio
- Robert Ringer
- Christina Colwell, Artist
- Blackstone Institute
- Affiliate Marketing Coach
- The Truth Project
- California Family Council
- Truth and Reason
- Friedman Foundation - For Educational Choice
- Young American's Foundation
- GOPUSA - Republican Party
- Deficits Do Matter
- Phyllis Schlafly - Eagle Forum
- Alliance Defense Fund
- Focus on the Family
- Heritage Foundation
- Lensmaster Blue22d
- Lou Dobbs Radio Show