September 4, 2010
On Friday September 3, at 3:30 p.m. I lost my husband, Bruce C. Davison, to lung cancer. We were married 42 years. We have one wonderful son and daughter-in-law who gave us two beautiful granddaughters. I am so fortunate to have them to love and be loved by.
Bruce was a loving father and husband and loved people. He loved reading and was a walking encyclopedia. He loved words, politics and statistics. He enjoyed puzzles and wood carving. He had found a new love in drama at our church. He was pretty good at it. I am glad we purchased DVDs so that I can share them with the girls when they are older.
Saturdays were special to both of us because we would sit and visit and talk. We had great talks on Saturday. I will truly miss our talks. It was a time to visit, discuss the world events, the Bible and just read to each other.
Bruce had quit smoking more than 17 years ago, but it still wasn't enough. On March 6, 2009, he had lung surgery. He had a portion of his left lung removed. He went through several chemo treatments, and maybe, he did gain some time. He prayed that God would give him five more years to spend with the family. The answer he wanted was not to be.
Bruce believed in the Lord and even though he questioned what had transpired he never got mad at the Lord. He always said that he made the decision to smoke. He was very strong and fought a good fight up to the last moment.
I want to encourage all who smoke to quit. Do it for yourself, do it for your love ones. Do it for your creator as he gave us a perfect body and we should try to take the best care of it as we can.
So long my friend, my love, my darling. I will truly miss you. You are in good hands now. May you rest in peace.
Your loving wife,
THIS IS WHO I AM
- Utah, United States
- I am a retired grandmother who lost her husband of 42 years in 2010, to cancer. I relocated from Ventura, CA to a community near Salt Lake City, Utah to be with my son, daughter-in-law and two granddaughters. I am a believer in Jesus our Lord and in the true Sabbath as our worship day. I am learning more and more about what our role is here on Earth as well as what it will be when Yahshua returns. I love crochet, watercolors, and writing. My newest passion is writing poetry. I would love to hear from others who enjoy these crafts; come visit and share your interests.
JULY 4 - Time For Tea
The American people came out on July 4 to protest high taxes and run-a-way government spending. From 11:00 till 2:00 p.m., citizens of Ventura, CA came out to show their support for less taxes and less government interference. As a spectator and one who attended the first Ventura Tea Party, I would say we doubled the turnout of patriots.
All across the country the signs, flags and banners that were carried at the tea parties showed the position that the American people are taking toward its government. They are mad and they are not going to take it anymore!
THEY GET YOU THINKING!
- Yahshua is the way
- Political Pistachio
- Robert Ringer
- Christina Colwell, Artist
- Blackstone Institute
- Affiliate Marketing Coach
- The Truth Project
- California Family Council
- Truth and Reason
- Friedman Foundation - For Educational Choice
- Young American's Foundation
- GOPUSA - Republican Party
- Deficits Do Matter
- Phyllis Schlafly - Eagle Forum
- Alliance Defense Fund
- Focus on the Family
- Heritage Foundation
- Lensmaster Blue22d
- Lou Dobbs Radio Show