October 11, 2011
It was only yesterday that you looked up and smiled.
It was only yesterday that you said, “Hello Baby”, in your Big Bopper voice, when I returned home from work.
It was only yesterday that we had coffee and discussed world events. But, then again, yesterday is relevant as you would have said. You have been gone now over a year.
It was only yesterday the two of us walked down to the beach. You stopped though, to catch your breath, because of the chemo treatments.
It was only yesterday we packed and hurried off to the airport but we were late; it was raining and we missed our flight that night. But, you didn’t complain. You said it would be all right. You reassured me we would make it to our son’s home. And it was true. They booked us on the next flight.
It was just yesterday, that you lay in bed, the morphine taking over your body. Because of the narcolepsy you already had, your body needed to sleep more and more. You were just not active; you were tired; you were not your self.
It was only yesterday it seems; I remember it so well. I called our son and said please come home. Your dad is not feeling well.
It was on a Friday, September 3, I remember it so well. You couldn’t eat, you couldn’t drink, and your breathing wasn’t doing very well. You just tossed, turned and slept. You had been restless, agitated, and, I believe, you knew. I so remember…
It isn’t yesterday anymore, today is now and it is so real. You’re gone, my husband, my love, but I will remember you still.
Copyright by Sandy Davison 10-11-2011
THIS IS WHO I AM
- Utah, United States
- I am a retired grandmother who lost her husband of 42 years in 2010, to cancer. I relocated from Ventura, CA to a community near Salt Lake City, Utah to be with my son, daughter-in-law and two granddaughters. I am a believer in Jesus our Lord and in the true Sabbath as our worship day. I am learning more and more about what our role is here on Earth as well as what it will be when Yahshua returns. I love crochet, watercolors, and writing. My newest passion is writing poetry. I would love to hear from others who enjoy these crafts; come visit and share your interests.
JULY 4 - Time For Tea
The American people came out on July 4 to protest high taxes and run-a-way government spending. From 11:00 till 2:00 p.m., citizens of Ventura, CA came out to show their support for less taxes and less government interference. As a spectator and one who attended the first Ventura Tea Party, I would say we doubled the turnout of patriots.
All across the country the signs, flags and banners that were carried at the tea parties showed the position that the American people are taking toward its government. They are mad and they are not going to take it anymore!
THEY GET YOU THINKING!
- Yahshua is the way
- Political Pistachio
- Robert Ringer
- Christina Colwell, Artist
- Blackstone Institute
- Affiliate Marketing Coach
- The Truth Project
- California Family Council
- Truth and Reason
- Friedman Foundation - For Educational Choice
- Young American's Foundation
- GOPUSA - Republican Party
- Deficits Do Matter
- Phyllis Schlafly - Eagle Forum
- Alliance Defense Fund
- Focus on the Family
- Heritage Foundation
- Lensmaster Blue22d
- Lou Dobbs Radio Show