July 18, 2012
Through this writing I wish to celebrate
I must hurry, not hesitate
I want to shout that, here, you can create
Your latest prose
I've tried to keep my feelings back
But I have slipped off the track
Come see what they have at writing.com
Because if you don't I am going to flip my stack© Copyright 2011 Seabreeze (UN: sandywrite at Writing.Com). All rights reserved. Seabreeze has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work. Come she what I am celebrating!
These little guys to your right ware downtown Charlottesville, Virginia. As with any city, it has its art culture and the metal works of the giraffe caught the eye of my camera. We also had a wonderful day over at Monticello. Our trip was to see the country and Thomas Jefferson's home. If you are ever in the area, it is a must.I was fortunate to take this trip to Richmond, Virginia June of this year, 2012, with a dear friend. We spent ten wonderful days seeing sights, experiencing some of the battlefields from the Civil War as well as soaking up the beautiful scenery. We participated in one of the Road Scholar's programs , which included well planned lecturers of Richmond's history, with field trips, including museums, tours and much more. All this including lodging accommodations and excellent food. If you have never heard of them, I suggest you check out their site as referenced above.
THIS IS WHO I AM
- Utah, United States
- I am a retired grandmother who lost her husband of 42 years in 2010, to cancer. I relocated from Ventura, CA to a community near Salt Lake City, Utah to be with my son, daughter-in-law and two granddaughters. I am a believer in Jesus our Lord and in the true Sabbath as our worship day. I am learning more and more about what our role is here on Earth as well as what it will be when Yahshua returns. I love crochet, watercolors, and writing. My newest passion is writing poetry. I would love to hear from others who enjoy these crafts; come visit and share your interests.
JULY 4 - Time For Tea
The American people came out on July 4 to protest high taxes and run-a-way government spending. From 11:00 till 2:00 p.m., citizens of Ventura, CA came out to show their support for less taxes and less government interference. As a spectator and one who attended the first Ventura Tea Party, I would say we doubled the turnout of patriots.
All across the country the signs, flags and banners that were carried at the tea parties showed the position that the American people are taking toward its government. They are mad and they are not going to take it anymore!
THEY GET YOU THINKING!
- Yahshua is the way
- Political Pistachio
- Robert Ringer
- Christina Colwell, Artist
- Blackstone Institute
- Affiliate Marketing Coach
- The Truth Project
- California Family Council
- Truth and Reason
- Friedman Foundation - For Educational Choice
- Young American's Foundation
- GOPUSA - Republican Party
- Deficits Do Matter
- Phyllis Schlafly - Eagle Forum
- Alliance Defense Fund
- Focus on the Family
- Heritage Foundation
- Lensmaster Blue22d
- Lou Dobbs Radio Show