October 17, 2008
Once in a while you come across an article that you must share and this one from Mark Alexander is such an article. Mark is executive editor and publisher of The Patriot Post, the Web's "Conservative Journal of Record". He talks about why people select certain candidates or issues, pointing out an interesting analogy as to whether you are making a choice as a liberal or conservation. It seems some "feel" their way to ideas or principles and some "think" their way. How do you make your selection? And, if you should be a liberal, well, sorry. Enjoy the read.
From Patriot Post Vol. 08 No. 29; Published 18 July 2008
"If men of wisdom and knowledge, of moderation and temperance, of patience, fortitude and perseverance, of sobriety and true republican simplicity of manners, of zeal for the honour of the Supreme Being and the welfare of the commonwealth; if men possessed of these other excellent qualities are chosen to fill the seats of government, we may expect that our affairs will rest on a solid and permanent foundation." --Samuel Adams
Ask liberals about some manifestation of their worldview -- for example, why they support charlatans like Barack Hussein Obama, Hillary Rodham Clinton, Albert Arnold Gore, John Forbes Kerry, et al., and they often predicate their response with, "Because I feel..."
Ask conservatives about what they believe, or why they do or don't support John McCain, and they invariably predicates their response with, "Because I think..."
It has always been easier to "feel" rather than "think," and that is why our national culture, and by extension, national politics (see Democrat Party Platforms) reflect only the most rudimentary remnants of the guiding principles established by our Founders. Of course, though Republican Party Platforms are more consistent with our Founding principles, Ronald Reagan was the last Republican president to stand firmly in support of those principles.
Click on "Why The Left Can't Get It Right" above to read the rest of the article.
THIS IS WHO I AM
- Utah, United States
- I am a retired grandmother who lost her husband of 42 years in 2010, to cancer. I relocated from Ventura, CA to a community near Salt Lake City, Utah to be with my son, daughter-in-law and two granddaughters. I am a believer in Jesus our Lord and in the true Sabbath as our worship day. I am learning more and more about what our role is here on Earth as well as what it will be when Yahshua returns. I love crochet, watercolors, and writing. My newest passion is writing. I am trying my luck at poetry and short stories. Maybe some day I will try to write a novel. I would love to hear from others who enjoy these crafts; come visit and share your interests.
JULY 4 - Time For Tea
The American people came out on July 4 to protest high taxes and run-a-way government spending. From 11:00 till 2:00 p.m., citizens of Ventura, CA came out to show their support for less taxes and less government interference. As a spectator and one who attended the first Ventura Tea Party, I would say we doubled the turnout of patriots.
All across the country the signs, flags and banners that were carried at the tea parties showed the position that the American people are taking toward its government. They are mad and they are not going to take it anymore!
THEY GET YOU THINKING!
- Yahshua is the way
- Political Pistachio
- Robert Ringer
- Christina Colwell, Artist
- Blackstone Institute
- Affiliate Marketing Coach
- The Truth Project
- California Family Council
- Truth and Reason
- Friedman Foundation - For Educational Choice
- Young American's Foundation
- GOPUSA - Republican Party
- Deficits Do Matter
- Phyllis Schlafly - Eagle Forum
- Alliance Defense Fund
- Focus on the Family
- Heritage Foundation
- Lensmaster Blue22d
- Lou Dobbs Radio Show